- Obs. armor or armorial bearings
- a storehouse for weapons; arsenal
- an aggregate of resources, etc.
- a building housing the drill hall and offices of a National Guard unit
- a place where firearms are made
Origin of armoryaltered, by associated, association with armor from Old French armoierie, science of heraldry from armoier, to blazon coats of arms from arme, arm
- a. A storehouse for arms; an arsenal.b. A building for storing arms and military equipment, especially one serving as headquarters for military reserve personnel.
- An arms factory.
- US spelling of armoury.