noun pl. heraldries
- the art or science having to do with coats of arms, genealogies, etc.
- the function of a herald (sense )
- a coat of arms or heraldic device
- coats of arms, collectively; armorial bearings
- heraldic ceremony or pomp
See heraldry in American Heritage Dictionary 4
noun pl. her·ald·ries
a. The profession, study, or art of devising, granting, and blazoning arms, tracing genealogies, and determining and ruling on questions of rank or protocol, as exercised by an officer of arms.
b. A branch of knowledge dealing with the history and description in proper terms of armorial bearings and their accessories.
- Armorial ensigns or similar insignia.
- Pomp and ceremony, especially attended with armorial trappings; pageantry.
Learn more about heraldry