- Forerunner is defined as something or someone that goes before to tells that something or someone is coming.
An early winter storm is a forerunner of a bad winter.
- a person sent before or going before to announce or prepare the way for another or for something to follow; herald
- a sign that tells or warns of something to follow; prognostic
- a predecessor
- an ancestor
Origin: Middle English forerenner, after Classical Latin praecursor
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. One that precedes, as in time; a predecessor.b. An ancestor; a forebear.
- a. One that comes before and indicates the approach of another; a harbinger.b. A warning sign or symptom.
- Sports One who skis the course before the beginning of a race.
forerunner - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.