- An arsenal is defined as a place where weapons are made and stored, or it may refer to the group of weapons themselves.
When the police raid a house and find a bunch of automatic guns, it is an example of discovering an arsenal of weapons.
- The definition of an arsenal is a collection of things, skills and/or talents.
An example of having an arsenal of information is the tax professional knows all the ins and outs on how to get his client the best refund.
arsenal definition by Webster's New World
- a place for making or storing weapons and other munitions
- a store or collection: an arsenal of facts used in a debate
Origin: Italian arsenale, a dock ; from Arabic dāraṣṣināʿa, wharf, workshop ; from dār, house plush al-ṣināʿa, craft, skill
arsenal definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A governmental establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel.
- A stock of weapons.
- A store or supply: an arsenal of retorts.
Origin: Italian arsenale, from obsolete arzanale, darsena, from Arabic aṣ ṣinā‘a, manufacture, industry, and dār-aṣ-ṣinā‘a, place of manufacture : dār, house (from dāra, to turn, revolve; see dwr in Semitic roots) + al-, the + ṣinā‘a, manufacture (from ṣana‘a, to make; see ṣnע in Semitic roots).