- An arsenal is defined as a place where weapons are made and stored, or it may refer to the group of weapons themselves.
When the police raid a house and find a bunch of automatic guns, it is an example of discovering an arsenal of weapons.
- The definition of an arsenal is a collection of things, skills and/or talents.
An example of having an arsenal of information is the tax professional knows all the ins and outs on how to get his client the best refund.
- a place for making or storing weapons and other munitions
- a nation's or military organization's stockpile of weapons
- any collection of things to be used in a conflict or struggle: a debater's arsenal of facts
Origin of arsenalItalian arsenale, a dock ; from Arabic d?ra??in??a, wharf, workshop ; from d?r, house + al-?in??a, craft, skill
- A governmental establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel.
- A stock of weapons.
- A store or supply: an arsenal of retorts.
Origin of arsenalItalian arsenale, from obsolete arzanale, darsena, from Arabic a&slowdot;-&slowdot;inā‘a, manufacture, industry, and dār a&slowdot;-&slowdot;inā‘a, place of manufacture : dār, house (from dāra, to turn, revolve; see dwr in Semitic roots) + al-, the + &slowdot;inā‘a, manufacture (from &slowdot;ana‘a, to make; see &slowdot;n&ayin; in Semitic roots).