- An arsenal is defined as a place where weapons are made and stored, or it may refer to the group of weapons themselves.
When the police raid a house and find a bunch of automatic guns, it is an example of discovering an arsenal of weapons.
- The definition of an arsenal is a collection of things, skills and/or talents.
An example of having an arsenal of information is the tax professional knows all the ins and outs on how to get his client the best refund.
- a place for making or storing weapons and other munitions
- a store or collection: an arsenal of facts used in a debate
Origin of arsenalItalian arsenale, a dock ; from Arabic dāraṣṣināʿa, wharf, workshop ; from dār, house + al-ṣināʿa, craft, skill
- A governmental establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel.
- A stock of weapons.
- A store or supply: an arsenal of retorts.
Origin of arsenalItalian arsenale, from obsolete arzanale, darsena, from Arabic a&slowdot;-&slowdot;inā‘a, manufacture, industry, and dār a&slowdot;-&slowdot;inā‘a, place of manufacture : dār, house (from dāra, to turn, revolve; see dwr in Semitic roots) + al-, the + &slowdot;inā‘a, manufacture (from &slowdot;ana‘a, to make; see &slowdot;n&ayin; in Semitic roots).
- A military establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel; an armoury.
- A stock of weapons, especially all the weapons that a nation possesses.
- A store or supply of anything.
- Any supply of aid collected to prepare a person or army for hardship
- He arrived with a large arsenal of cleansers and tools, and got right to work.