Variant of armor
- No external armour has been found.
- He found favour in the king's eye, and became his armour-bearer.
- In the Borghese Ares (also taken for Achilles) he is standing, his only armour being the helmet on his head.
- In the later form of the story Philoctetes was the friend and armour-bearer of Heracles, who presented him with his bow and poisoned arrows as a reward for kindling the fire on Mt Oeta, on which the hero immolated himself.
- Xvii.), and suits of armour had already been taken from Mesopotamia by Tethmosis III.