The definition of an architect is a professional who creates designs for buildings, bridges and other structures.noun
Frank Lloyd Wright is an example of an architect.
An architect is defined as a person who plans or designs something and leads to its creation.noun
An example of an architect is a person who creates a plan for a group of boys to skip school.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a person whose profession is designing and drawing up plans for buildings, bridges, etc. and generally supervising the construction
- any similar designer in a specialized field: a naval architect
- any planner or creator: the architects of our Constitution
Origin: L architectus < Gr architektōn < archi-, chief + tektōn, carpenter: see technic
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who designs and supervises the construction of buildings or other large structures.
- One that plans or devises: a country considered to be the chief architect of war in the Middle East.
Origin: Latin architectus, from Greek arkhitektōn : arkhi-, archi- + tektōn, builder; see teks- in Indo-European roots.