Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- the science of architecture
- structural design: the architectonics of a symphony
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
noun (used with a sing. verb)
- The science of architecture.
- Structural design: the architectonics of a fugue.
- Philosophy The scientific systematization of knowledge.