- A small local business run as a partnership rather than as a corporation is an example of a business that is unincorporated.
- A rural area outside of the main part of town that is not considered part of the town is an example of an unincorporated area.
The definition of unincorporated is a business that has not become a legal corporation, or an area that is not part of a town, county or territory.
not organized as a legal corporation: an unincorporated village
un- +"Ž incorporated
- Of Cold Spring, is unincorporated, but is the most important of the three and has the largest summer colony.
- In September the "Brook Farm Institute of Agriculture and Education" was formally organized, the members signing the Articles of Association and forming an unincorporated joint - stock company.
- Adjoining Edwardsville is the co-operative village Leclaire (unincorporated), with the factory of the N.O.
- Of Brooklyn, is a small unincorporated village, once famous for its whale-fisheries, and now best known for the presence here of the New York State Fish Hatchery, and of the Biological Laboratory of the Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences and of the laboratory of the Department of Experimental Evolution of the Carnegie Institution of Washington.
- Of Beaumont (unincorporated), and of other territory.