An example of that is being the one spoken about.
Those who refused to join.
She followed the calling of that which she loved.
The car that has the flat tire.
An example of that is "I went to a store that is my favorite."
Didn't take what he said that seriously.
She hoped that he would arrive on time. He was saddened that she felt so little for him.
Those who know.
The place that I saw her.
The road (that) we took.
This house is larger than that one.
An example of that is the car is mine.
I didn't like the book that much.
He told me that the book is a good read.
That is for sale; this is not.
That place; those mountains.
That route is shorter than this one.
Is your problem that complicated?
Oh, that I were rich!
That is John; that tastes good.
This is larger than that.
Of the two, this possibility is more likely than that one.
That certain feeling, there comes that smile!, that George!
- A noun clause expressing a supposed or actual fact.that she's gone is obvious; the truth was that we never saw her; it was true that we never saw her.
- An adverbial clause expressing purpose.They died that we might live.
- An adverbial clause expressing result.You ran so fast that I couldn't catch up.
- An adverbial clause expressing cause.I'm sorry that I caused you such annoyance.
- An elliptical sentence expressing surprise, indignation, or desire.that you should say such a thing! oh, that this day would be over!.
That book is a good read.
That battle was in 1450.
The water is so cold! "” That it is.
He was fed up, and that to a great degree.
Of the two possibilities, this is more likely than that.
The year that I was born.
That woman is Mary; that pie tastes good.
An example of that is to only be able to see a certain distance.
- In addition; besides:.Lived in one room, and a small room at that.
- Regardless of what has been said or implied:.A long shot, but she just might win at that.
- To explain more clearly; in other words:.On the first floor, that is, the floor at street level.
- So very.They aren't all that rich.
- Everything of the same or related sort.Romance and all that.
- At that point; with no further discussion, etc.
- Moreover; even so.
- To be specific.
- In other words.
- That is settled!.