- the way in which something is set up; specif.,
- the plan, makeup, or arrangement, as of equipment or an organization
- the details of a situation, plan of action, etc.
- bodily posture; carriage
- the glass, ice, soda water, etc. provided for preparing an alcoholic drink
- a contest deliberately arranged as an uneven match to result in an easy victory
- the contestant marked for defeat in such a contest
- an undertaking that is, or is purposely made, very easy, or a goal or result that is easy to achieve
- a person who is easily tricked
The Thanksgiving table setup has the roasted turkey placed in the center.
- The definition of setup is a relief pitcher who pitches right before the closer.
An example of a setup pitcher is a relief pitcher who does pitch the last balls of the game.
- Setup is defined as the way in which something is arranged, or a contest where the victory is predetermined because the two contestants are not evenly matched.
- An example of a setup is how food and drinks are arranged at a party.
- An example of a setup is when a strong debater is matched with a weak debater.
Baseball of or having to do with a relief pitcher who specializes in pitching just before the closer
- The way in which something is constituted, arranged, or planned.
- The gathering and organization of the equipment needed for an operation, procedure, or task.
- a. Physical makeup; physique.b. Body posture or carriage, especially militarily erect bearing.
- a. often setups Informal The collective ingredients, such as ice, mixers, and glasses, necessary for serving various alcoholic drinks.b. A table setting, as in a restaurant.
- A camera position, as for a particular shot in a scene being filmed.
- Slang a. A contest prearranged to result in an easy or faked victory.b. An endeavor intentionally made easy.c. A deceptive scheme, such as a fraud or hoax.
- A plan or strategy for a projected course of action.
- Sports A play or pass that creates a scoring opportunity.
- Equipment designed for a particular purpose; an apparatus.
- The laboratory included an elaborate setup for measuring the energy.
- The fashion in which something is organized or arranged.
- The classroom setup was simple and efficient.
- An act to frame someone; an effort or arrangement aimed at placing the blame on somebody.
- Trust me, that was a setup!
- (computing) An installer.
- After inserting the disk, run the setup.
- (operations) The process of arranging resources for performing a specific operation, as a run of a particular product.
- A simple setup on the bottling line involves reloading bottles and labels; emptying, cleaning, and reloading the tanks; and a test run.
- With features such as multiple payment gateways (including the most popular, PayPal) and on-the-fly shipping calculations and tax functionality, OSCommerce can save hundreds or even thousands of dollars in setup costs for entrepreneurs.
- You can make a rudimentary setup with a few basic woodworking tools you probably already have in your garage, like a circular saw and an electric drill.Bunk beds are available in twin as well as full combos and in many decorator styles.
- The gonzo driving-and-destruction game Carmageddon was censored in some countries because the original setup encouraged players to run over pedestrians in the game's urban environments, awarding points for each hit.
- Complete your custom computer setup by getting a wide range of video game desktops to suit your mood that day, pairing it with some video game music in MP3 format for a fully immersive video game-themed environment!
- A homeowner that wants to implement a small turbine system can expect to spend roughly between 10,000 and 80,000 dollars for the setup depending on the turbine size, how much work you do yourself, and permits required by your city.