Readiness is the state of being prepared to act.
An example of readiness is the state of a girl well-prepared to go on her first camping trip.
the quality or state of being ready
- An adjutant came out and announced that everything was in readiness within.
- You have experienced my readiness to reward you.
- The readiness with which the American Indian succumbed to disease is well known.
- In readiness for a fracture of the drilling tools or of the cable, special appliances known as fishing tools are provided.
- With ordinary care on the part of the men in charge Hatton defecators will work continuously for several days and nights, and the number required to deal with a given volume of juice is half the number of ordinary defecators of equal capacity which would do the same work; for it must be borne in mind that an ordinary double-bottomed defecator takes two hours to deliver its charge and be in readiness to receive a fresh charge, i.e.