This child's eagerness is clearly expressed.
Eagerness is defined as a feeling of excitement to do something.
An example of eagerness is when you can't wait to open your presents on Christmas morning.
- I remember the eagerness with which I made discoveries about them.
- Her eagerness lasted until she stepped from the apartment building to the sidewalk lining a busy street.
- "How is he?" she asked with more eagerness than she intended.
- The public having shown no eagerness to subscribe, Necker proposed that every man should be invited to make a patriotic contribution of onefourth of his income.
- My little pupil continues to manifest the same eagerness to learn as at first.