- Very loud; shrill.A piercing cry.
- Fixed and intense in appearance.Piercing blue eyes.
- Causing pain, especially because of cold.A piercing wind.
- Trenchant; incisive.Piercing remarks.
- Keenly perceptive or intelligent.A piercing intellect.
- Penetrating or sharp to the senses.A piercing wind, piercing cold, a piercing cry.
- Caustic; cutting; sarcastic.piercing criticism.
- Having or showing keen intelligence, perception, or judgment.A piercing wit, piercing eyes.
The piercing noise of the children could be heard two blocks from the elementary school.