The definition of parsimonious is people who are cheap, frugal or unwilling to spend money.
An example of someone who is parsimonious is someone who obsessively watches every dime of his money.
- Excessively sparing or frugal.
- Accounting for observed data with a relatively simple explanation: The physicist argued that her new theory was more parsimonious than the standard model.
- Parsimonious has custom content for both Sims 2 and Sims 3.
- He is said to have been parsimonious, and certainly he was quicker to receive than to reciprocate hospitalities; but his mean establishment and mode of life are explained by the retired habits of his wife, and her dislike of company.
- The latter imputation especially influenced Hisham, who was very parsimonious.
- But Henry and Marguerite still continued friends; she still bore the title of queen; she visited Marie de' Medici on equal terms; and the king frequently consulted her on important affairs, though his somewhat parsimonious spirit was grieved by her extravagance.
- His large schemes and lavish expenditure alarmed however the parsimonious directors of the West India company, but John Maurice refused to retain his post unless he was given a free hand, and he returned to Europe in July 1644.