- Unpleasant; disagreeable.Had a negative experience on his first job.
- Gloomy; pessimistic.A negative outlook.
- Unfavorable or detrimental.A negative review; a negative effect on the child's development.
- Hostile or disparaging; malicious.Ran a negative campaign against her opponent.
A negative reply.
- Lacking in positive character or quality.
- Lacking evidence, affirmation, etc.
- Having the effect of diminishing, depriving, or denying.
- Faultfinding, antagonistic, destructive, etc.negative criticism, a negative political campaign.
“no reptiles are warmblooded” is a negative proposition.
The negative won the debate.
A patient who is negative for TB; the X-rays were negative.
Gave a negative answer to our request.
A negative reaction to the new advertising campaign.
An example of a negative is the film strip that gets returned with photos printed from a 35mm film camera.
A negative tropism.
Campaign advertising that was based solely on negatives.
An example of negative is someone giving a "no" response to a party invitation.
An example of negative is a person with a "glass is half empty" view on life.
An example of negative is an electrical charge that is attracted to a positive charge.
An example of a negative is the "no" response given by a person.
An example of a negative is a cab driver who gets lost all the time.
- in refusal or denial of a plan, suggestion, etc.
- with a denial or negative answer