The definition of lifelong is something that will extend for the time that you are alive.
An example of lifelong is the relationship that you have with your children until you are dead.
Continuing for a lifetime.
- Extending for the entire duration of life.
- They were lifelong friends; they met in elementary school and ended their lives in the same rest home.
- It's a lifelong responsibility.
- The four men became lifelong friends and fellow-workers.
- Both Fred and Cynthia were smiling, lemonade in hand, like lifelong friends.
- The veterinary clinic was a lifelong dream he had attained.
- Mason was a near neighbour and a lifelong friend of George Washington, though in later years they disagreed in politics.