Colored leaves on the ground.
- The definition of leaves are parts of a plant or tree attached to the branches or stems.
An example of leaves are what fall from the tree in autumn.
- Leaves is defined as exits.
An example of leaves used as a verb is in the sentence, "He leaves the building," which means that he exits the building.
Plural of leaf
frondescence 1. the process of growing leaves, as plants, trees, etc. 2. the period during which leaves are put out. —frondescent, adj. phyllody the process by which floral organs turn into foliage. Also called phyllomorphy. phyllomancy a form of divination involving the examination of leaves. phyllomania abnormal development of leaf tissue; the growth of leaves in abnormal quantity or unusual locations. phyllomorphosis the study of the transformations of leaves during different seasons. phyllomorphy phyllody. phyllotaxy, phyllotaxis 1. the arrangement of the leaves on the stem of a plant. 2. the science or study of the arrangement and distribution of leaves. —phyllotactic, adj.
- plural form of leaf
- plural form of leave
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of leave
- No one leaves his mate in a place like this.
- Life as it is leaves one no peace.
- The leaves quickly fell to the ground, forming a thick layer everywhere.
- The moon is a fickle lover, like a beautiful woman…she gives her whole heart but once a month and leaves you before dawn…why fear you the night?
- She called to him as he hunkered down beside a rose bush with a few brown leaves clinging to it.