Your reading her diary was an invasion of her privacy.
- An entering or being entered by an attacking military force.
- An intrusion or infringement.
- The onset, appearance, or spread of something.
An invasion of mobile phones.
An invasion of bees.
An invasion of foreign tourists.
An example of an invasion is a military attack on a town.
An example of an invasion is the infestation of a bug on a crop.
An example of an invasion is the spread of a virus.
Other Word Forms
Origin of invasion
- Middle English invasioun from Old French invasion from Late Latin invāsiō invāsiōn- from invāsus past participle of invādere to invade invade
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From Middle French invasion, from Late Latin invāsiōnem, nominative of invāsiō.