(plural invariant sections)
- (law) Something that must not be removed or modified during redistribution.
- I had to include the GNU Manfesto as it was included in an invariant section.
- (mathematics) A section that will not vary through changing state.
- (programming) The section listing that which will not change during certain operations.
- (mathematics): Often used in the form X-invariant section, implying a section that remains constant while X is being changed.
- (law): Coined by Free Software Foundation in open-source copyright licenses.