Origin of infatuationLate Latin infatuatio
Infatuation is defined as an often short-lived, extreme attraction to someone.
An example of infatuation is a junior high school crush.
an infatuating or being infatuated
- Last but not least, if you think your child's interest in Scooby Doo might be short-lived, check out eBay or Craig's List for second-hand nightgowns so that you can save money indulging her until the next infatuation comes along.
- Freedom was within sight, but with fatal infatuation the slaves refused to abandon Italy.
- Other than an infatuation with Josh before she met Alex, there had been no one else.
- This infatuation colours all his later career.
- His infatuation for Kunigunde of Eisenberg caused his wife to leave him, a.nd after her death in 1270 he married Kunigunde, who had already borne him a son, Apitz or Albert.