- lacking sound judgment; foolish
- completely carried away by foolish or shallow love or affection
The definition of infatuated is having a fascination or intense liking for something.
An example of infatuated is a person involved in a short, but intense, summer romance.
Possessed by an unreasoning passion or attraction.
- simple past tense and past participle of infatuate
(comparative more infatuated, superlative most infatuated)
- Marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness
- He studied the small man infatuated with his phone.
- He's obviously infatuated with her.
- His one-night stand last week made him appreciate what it was to have a lover who was as infatuated by his body as he was hers.
- At first she had been infatuated with Denton, but in the last year she had learned a lot about him.
- The nobility, however, were too infatuated to be willing to adopt these wise measures.