The tasks, such as cleaning and cooking, that are performed in housekeeping.
- workhouse, work house
- Modern American family values commonly embrace the concept that child-rearing, housework and contributing to the family income should be shared between couples.
- Seniors who took part in the USDA study reported problems with walking, running, stooping, crouching, and kneeling, as well as activities such as housework, exercise and gardening.
- A woman may have worn a simple shift or smock to do housework, but when she dressed to run errands or make the school run, she made sure she was properly dressed.
- While other rings may withstand some rough activities, silver rings should be immediately removed when engaging in housework, cleaning, sports, or other actions that could involve accidental blows or force applied to the ring.
- On the home front, married working mothers, even those whose husbands espouse an egalitarian philosophy, still find themselves saddled with most of the housework and child care responsibilities.