- the act or process of pressing cloth or clothes smooth or flat with a hot iron
- cloth or clothes that are to be ironed or have been ironed
- The act or process of pressing clothes with a heated iron.
- The clothing pressed or to be pressed with a heated iron.
- Present participle of iron.
(countable and uncountable, plural ironings)
- A cabinet drop down ironing board like the wall-mount ironing board cabinet from Improvements is one of the best ways to store and use an ironing board.
- Egyptian cotton and Irish linen are usually considered the best fabrics for linens since their long durable fibers don't pill and the fabric does not become shiny after ironing.
- The SCI units include kitchens and laundry facilities and other equipment so that patients can learn independent living skills, such as cooking meals or ironing clothes.
- All accommodations include air conditioning, a clock radio, cable TV with pay-per-view movies, an in-room safe, a mini-bar, hair dryers, and an iron and ironing board.
- Another area might contain patterns, pattern books, and your idea file, while yet another area would contain the ironing board and other items needed for pressing.