Origin of heartfeltheart + past participle of feel
The definition of heartfelt is something that is earnest, sincere or deeply felt.
A sincere and deeply felt wish is an example of a heartfelt wish.
Deeply or sincerely felt; earnest.
(comparative more heartfelt, superlative most heartfelt)
- I offer my heartfelt congratulations and best wishes to you both.
- Please accept our heartfelt gratitude for your financial support over the last sixteen months.
- A handwritten note will usually suffice for a heartfelt thank you.
- My heartfelt sympathy is extended to the family circle.
- Whether you write a rhyming prayer, a prayer dotted with lots of uses of "thee" and "thou", or a prayer that reads like you're talking to your best friend, with a little brainstorming you can write your own heartfelt Christmas prayer.