- a container holding various wrapped or bagged articles that are sold unseen: the buyer draws one at random and pays a fixed price
- something like this in having a variety of things
grab baggrab bag
- A container filled with articles, such as party gifts, to be drawn unseen.
- Slang A miscellaneous collection: The meeting evolved into a grab bag of petty complaints.
(plural grab bags)
- a gift, purchase, etc. whose contents are concealed until after a selection is made
- Winners can choose a gift from the grab bags on the table.
- (idiomatic) any random assortment, selection or possibility
- With that system, it's a grab bag which files we can find at any moment.
- A moderately large bag of crisps or other snack, intended for sharing.
- Alternative spelling of grab bag.