- a person who likes or is skilled at working in a garden
- a person whose occupation is making and tending gardens
One who works in or tends a garden for pleasure or hire.
- A surname, derived from the profession gardener.
- Hurry off and tell Maksim, the gardener, to set the serfs to work.
- Then he rewarded the gardener with ten more pieces for his honesty.
- One tree occupies the whole time of a gardener for about ten days.
- The flower-gardener should have a small nursery, or reserve garden, for the propagation of the finer plants, to be transferred into the borders as often as is required.
- "Tell us," said Al Mansour to the gardener, "tell us how you came to find that bag."