An example of epic is a big production movie with story sequels such as the Star Wars series.
An example of epic is Milton's Paradise Lost.
The epic of the Old West.
An epic poem.
- Heroic; grand; majestic; imposing.
- Dealing with or characterized by events of historical or legendary importance.
- A poem like the Iliad or the Odyssey, with certain formal characteristics (beginning in medias res, catalog passages, invocations of the muse, etc.).
- A poem like Milton's Paradise Lost, in which such characteristics are applied to later or different materials.
- A poem like Beowulf, considered as expressing the early ideals and traditions of a people or nation.