prp. of dye
the process or work of coloring fabrics with dyes
- Present participle of dye.
- The act by which something is dyed.
- A large number of cotton mills furnish the chief source of industry; printing, dyeing and bleaching of cotton and calico, spinning and weaving machine making, iron and steel works, and collieries in the neighbourhood, are also important.
- Dyeing is another large trade, as is the preparation of indigo.
- The chief industries are weaving, leather-making, dyeing and working in iron and pottery.
- The salt is used as a mordant in dyeing and calico-printing.
- Stannous chloride is largely used in the laboratory as a reducing agent, in dyeing as a mordant.