This person is deceased.
- The definition of deceased is someone who has died.
An example of deceased is a description for your friend that died last year.
- Deceased is defined as a dead person.
An example of deceased is someone who has been murdered.
- Not to be confused with diseased (affected with or suffering from disease)
Deceased is commonly used in legal and journalistic settings. Departed is most commonly used in religious settings.
- Others poured libations on the tombs of deceased relatives.
- The only picture was of a teenage boy, apparently the deceased brother.
- I can't say if I knew the deceased but the Wanaka and all the mines send us so many of their workers I may have.
- The deceased rao had declared himself a Mahommedan, and his adherents were preparing to inter his body in a magnificent tomb, when the Jarejas and other Hindus seized the corpse and consigned it to the flames, according to Hindu custom.
- ANCESTOR-WORSHIP, a general name for the cult of deceased parents and forefathers.