- simple past tense and past participle of construe
The definition of construed is something has been analyzed or interpreted.
An example of construed is someone explaining the meaning of what another said to someone.
- In the interests of hygiene prostitution is licensed, and that fact is by many critics construed as proof of tolerance.
- This selection has been construed to take away the old archbishop's "option," i.e.
- Sacrilegium was narrowly construed as the theft of sacred things from a sacred place.
- But " philosophy of religion " can be construed in many different ways.
- Those Ideas according to which all reality is objectively shaped - and therefore too, as a modern would add, subjectively construed - include the idea of the Good, which Plato identifies with God.