- simple past tense and past participle of confer
- When you discussed a kitchen renovation with your husband, this is an example of when you conferred on the kitchen renovation.
- When you awarded someone a degree and presented him with a diploma, this is an example of when you conferred a diploma.
The definition of conferred is to have discussed a particular issue, or gave an honor to someone.
- Two years later the same prize was conferred on him without competition.
- The powers conferred on Alva were those of military dictator.
- Confirmed the Sicilian agreement on conditions even more favourable to Charles, who sailed in 1265, and conferred on the expedition all the privileges of a crusade.
- Meanwhile the Italian mint coined thalers bearing the portrait of King Humbert, with an inscription referring to the Italian protectorate, and on the 1st of January 1890 a royal decree conferred upon the colony the name of Eritrea.
- It was regarded as having conferred upon the nation nothing less than the English constitution in its perfect and completed form.