- simple past tense and past participle of confer
- When you discussed a kitchen renovation with your husband, this is an example of when you conferred on the kitchen renovation.
- When you awarded someone a degree and presented him with a diploma, this is an example of when you conferred a diploma.
The definition of conferred is to have discussed a particular issue, or gave an honor to someone.
- Two years later the same prize was conferred on him without competition.
- The powers conferred on Alva were those of military dictator.
- Confirmed the Sicilian agreement on conditions even more favourable to Charles, who sailed in 1265, and conferred on the expedition all the privileges of a crusade.
- The Copley medal was conferred upon him in 1823, and the Lalande prize in 1817 by the Paris Academy, of which he was a corresponding member.
- He accompanied the sultan Abd-ul-Aziz on his journey to Egypt and Europe, when the freedom of the city of London was conferred on him.