A past tense and a past participle of burn1
- simple past tense and past participle of burn
(comparative more burnt, superlative most burnt)
burn + -t
- The town was half burnt down in 1902.
- The door was closed but lopsided in its frame while half the lights overhead were burnt out.
- She clambered over one and landed beside Darian, who smelled like burnt flesh.
- The ship's captain belted orders to his sun burnt crew, and Taran turned, his dark hair tossed in the sea breeze.
- A blow sent him smashing into a wall, and he morphed instantly, diving at the demons chasing his brothers as they retreated through the burnt doorway of Kris.s chambers to search for weapons.