A sauce boat.
An ore boat on the Great Lakes.
An example of boat is to sail on a lake.
An example of a boat is a cargo ship.
An example of a boat for serving is a gravy boat.
A gravy boat.
To boat the oars.
To boat a fish.
To boat goods.
To boat oars.
- In the same situation as another or others.
- in the same unfavorable situation
- to fail to make the most of an opportunity
- to disturb or challenge the status quo
Origin of boat
- Middle English bot from Old English bāt bheid- in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition