- of a barnyard
- like or fit for a barnyard; earthy, smutty, etc.
the yard or ground near a barn, often enclosed
The area surrounding a barn, often enclosed by a fence.
- Of or characteristic of a barnyard: barnyard animals.
- Coarse or indecent: barnyard jokes.
- Of or pertaining to a barnyard.
- She always felt that eggs tasted better from barnyard chickens
- The nose is earthy with tobacco, barnyard and anise overtones.
- Using traditional, formal wording like "You are cordially invited to an evening of dancing and drinks" and invitation paper with a country motif would be odd for a barnyard dance themed invitation.
- Setting up a miniature barnyard can be a harvest party idea to keep kids busy while the adults socialize.
- Each player chooses a barnyard animal to imitate and begins mooing or clucking away.
- As they get older, move on to chunky wooden puzzles in the shapes of animals like Barnyard Fun, vehicles or the alphabet.