I don't know as I can answer your question.
An example of as is a tree equal in height to a house.
An example of as is giving apples and oranges for examples of types of fruits.
An example of as is having the same amount of hunger that a horse does.
An example of as is dropping books while walking down the street.
The child sang as sweetly as a nightingale.
Tall as he was, he couldn't reach it.
Large mammals, as the bear or lion.
This definition as distinguished from the second one.
You are as sweet as sugar. The situation is not so bad as you suggest.
Think as I think.
Slipped on the ice as I ran home.
Went to bed early, as I was exhausted.
He was so foolish as to lie.
Great as the author was, he proved a bad model. Ridiculous as it seems, the tale is true.
The hotel is quite comfortable as such establishments go. The sun is hot, as everyone knows.
I received the same grade as you did.
Those as want to can come with me.
Acting as a mediator.
On this issue they thought as one.
I'm just as happy at home.
A card game, as bridge.
Romanticism as contrasted with classicism.
It flew straight as an arrow.
Do as you are told.
She laughed as she spoke.
As you object, we won't go.
The question is so obvious as to need no reply.
I don't know as I should.
We are tired, as anyone can see.
The same color as yours is.
Them as likes pork chops will be there.
He poses as a friend.
The risk is as nothing compared to the gain.
- Just the way it is, with no changes or modifications:.Bought the samovar as is from an antique dealer.
- In a manner of speaking; as if such were so.
- A correlative construction used to indicate the equality or sameness of two things.as large as, as heavy as, as many as, etc.
- With reference to; concerning.
- As it (or one) would if.
- That.It seems as if you're never happy.
- Just as it is; without any changes.
- As if it were so; so to speak.
- Up to, on, or from (a specified time).
- With reference to.
- As if to.