(comparative more equally, superlative most equally)
- (manner) In an equal manner; in equal shares or proportion; with equal and impartial justice; without difference; alike; evenly; justly; as, equally taxed, furnished, etc.
- They shared equally in the spoils.
- (degree) In equal degree or extent; just as.
- The gas stations are equally far from the highway.
- (conjunctive) Used to link two or more coordinate elements
- John suffered setbacks at his job. Equally, Frank's business slowed.
equal + -ly