The definition of arose is for something to come up or originate, or for someone to stand up.
An example of arose is when a person stood up in court as mandated by the judge.An example of arose is when a new job came up out of nowhere.
- A different kind of fire arose within him.
- The huge beast slowly arose and said:
- It was on this subject of keeping pure the Lord's Table that the controversy arose between the ministers and the town councillors which ended in the banishment of Calvin, Farel and Conrad from Geneva.
- South Lowestoft arose on the completion of harbour improvements, begun in 1844, when the outlet of the Waveney, reopened in 1827, was deepened.
- Murmurs arose among the wounded who were waiting.