- full of cheer; joyful
- filling with cheer; bright and attractive: a cheerful room
- willing; ready: a cheerful helper
A cheerful baby.
- A bright room that makes people feel happy when they enter it is an example of cheerful.
- Someone who is "the life of the party" is an example of cheerful.
The definition of cheerful is a person or thing that brings joy, humor or good spirits.
- Being in or characterized by good spirits; merry. See Synonyms at glad1.
- Promoting a feeling of cheer; pleasant: a cozy, cheerful room.
(comparative more cheerful, superlative most cheerful)
cheer + -ful
- How cheerful it is to hear of!
- The flowers should have made her feel cheerful, but they ushered in that dark feeling instead.
- It was as if I had left a cheerful housekeeper behind.
- The scientist hopped up with a cheerful salute.
- In disposition Clarke was cheerful and even playful.