A joyful woman.
The definition of joyful is expressing delight or happiness.
An example of joyful is a choir singing upbeat music in church; making joyful music.
Feeling, causing, or exhibiting joy. See Synonyms at glad1.
(comparative joyfuller or more joyful, superlative joyfullest or most joyful)
- Feeling or causing joy.
From joy + -ful.
- A flood of brilliant, joyful light poured from her transfigured face.
- Conquest's joyful thunder waken, Triumph, valiant Russians, now!...
- He looked at Natasha as she sang, and something new and joyful stirred in his soul.
- Involuntarily he felt a joyful agitation at the thought of the humiliation of arrogant Austria and that in a week's time he might, perhaps, see and take part in the first Russian encounter with the French since Suvorov met them.
- Have just this moment received by special messenger very joyful news--if it's not false.