- The definition of wrought is formed by hand or decorated.
An example of wrought is an ornamental gate made of iron.
wrought definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Middle English wrogt, altered ; from worgt, past participle of weorken ; from Old English wyrcan, to work
- formed; fashioned
- shaped by hammering or beating: said of metals
- elaborated with care
- decorated; ornamented
wrought definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Put together; created: a carefully wrought plan.
- Shaped by hammering with tools. Used chiefly of metals or metalwork.
- Made delicately or elaborately.
Origin: Middle English wroght, from Old English geworht, past participle of wyrcan, to work; see werg- in Indo-European roots.