- a person who washes
- a flat disk or ring of metal, leather, rubber, etc., used variously to make a seat as for a nut or the head of a bolt, to lock a nut in place, to prevent leakage, etc.
- a machine for washing something; specif., washing machine
- a device for washing gases
- One who washes: a washer of clothes; a washer of windows.
- An appliance, especially a washing machine, used for washing.
- A flat disk, as of metal, plastic, rubber, or leather, placed beneath a nut or bolt to make the connection more secure or distribute pressure or placed between parts to space the parts properly or prevent leakage in a joint.
wash +"Ž -er