A combat ship. Also called man-of-war .
- The American warship "Nipsic" was cast upon the beach, but was afterwards floated and saved.
- The British warship "Calliope" (Captain Pearson) was in the harbour, but succeeded in getting up steam and, standing out to sea, escaped destruction.
- In the spring it is visited by a great number of boats, to protect which a small Hellenic warship has sometimes been despatched.
- The term is also used of structures resembling these articles, especially of the framework of booms, spars and netting forming a protection for a warship against torpedo attack.
- She'd learned the parts of a warship inside and out while learning the battle planning and looked for the configuration button among her options popping up on the screen.