- a coat made of a thick woolen cloth
- the cloth
Origin of dreadnoughtafter Dreadnought, the first of such a class of British battleships, built in 1906 any large, heavily armored battleship with many powerful guns
- A battleship armed with six or more guns having calibers of 12 inches or more.
- A type of acoustic guitar with a larger body and louder sound than typical of most guitars.
- a battleship, especially of the World War I era, in which most of the firepower is concentrated in large guns that are of the same caliber.
- (informal) a type of warship heavier in armour or armament than a typical battleship
- One that is the largest or the most powerful of its kind.
- A garment made of thick woollen cloth that can defend against storm and cold.
- The cloth itself; fearnaught.