- an imaginary line encircling the waist between the ribs and the hips
- the part of a garment worn at the waist or above or below it as styles change
- the line where the waist and skirt of a dress join
- the distance around the waist
- a. A line thought of as encircling the body at the waist.b. The measurement of this line.
- a. The point or line at which the skirt and bodice of a dress join.b. The part of a garment that covers the narrowest part of the waist or the part above or below it as the current fashion demands.