- an imaginary line encircling the waist between the ribs and the hips
- the part of a garment worn at the waist or above or below it as styles change
- the line where the waist and skirt of a dress join
- the distance around the waist
- a. A line thought of as encircling the body at the waist.b. The measurement of this line.
- a. The point or line at which the skirt and bodice of a dress join.b. The part of a garment that covers the narrowest part of the waist or the part above or below it as the current fashion demands.
waistline - Medical Definition
- A line thought of as encircling the body at the waist.
- The measurement of this line.
- Personal Behavior: Many passengers gain a few pounds when confronted with the decadent dining options of a cruise, and packing a few loose fitting items can help keep you enjoying your vacation even if your waistline expands.
- No matter what type of sash you decide to use, dress sashes are an easy way to update nearly any type of dress, while drawing emphasis to the waistline and creating a more flattering silhouette on the body.
- Because the term "high-waisted" makes men nervous, thinking they are in for something unflattering, any men's trunks designed with a higher waistline are usually referred to as having a classic waist.
- Hourglass shapes get a perfect fit in styles with lowered or dropped waists rather than those that fall at the natural waistline because of the discrepancy between their waist and hip measurements.
- Made of stretch satin in electric blue, it features a plunging V-neck with rhinestone detailing, a figure-flattering pleated empire waistline and a full skirt cut on the bias for maximum shaping.