- Vis-à-vis is someone who is face-to-face to another person.
An example of vis-à-vis is a man facing his wife.
- Vis-à-vis is defined as face-to-face with or opposite.
An example of vis-à-vis is a boxer facing their opponent.
- Face to face with; opposite to.
- Compared with.
- In relation to.
Face to face.
- One that is face to face with or opposite to another.
- A date or an escort, as at a party.
- One that has the same functions and characteristics as another; a counterpart.
Origin of vis-a-visFrench : vis, face + à, to.