- the building of a vault or vaults
- the arched work forming a vault
- a vault or vaults
- leaping or leaping over
- overreaching; unduly confident: vaulting ambition
- used in vaulting
- The act or practice of constructing vaults.
- The method of construction of a vault.
- a. A vault or vaulted structure.b. Such structures considered as a group.
- Leaping upward or over something.
- Reaching too far; exaggerated: his vaulting ambition.
- Employed in jumping over something: a vaulting pole.
- Present participle of vault.
(comparative more vaulting, superlative most vaulting)