- The definition of valiant is someone or something very brave or determined.
An example of valiant is Aragorn going to battle to protect Middle Earth in The Lord of the Rings.
- full of or characterized by valor or courage; brave
- resolute; determined: made a valiant effort
Origin of valiantMiddle English ; from Old French vaillant, present participle of valoir ; from Classical Latin valere, to be strong: see value
Origin of valiantMiddle English, from Old French vaillant, from Latin valēns, valent-, present participle of valēre, to be strong; see wal- in Indo-European roots.
- val′ian·cy, val′iance, val′iant·ness
(comparative more valiant, superlative most valiant)
- Showing courage or determination; heroic.