And elevator is something that goes up-and-down.
- An example of up-and-down is the direction an elevator goes.
- An example of up-and-down is a person who changes quickly from happy to sad.
- An example of up-and-down is a person standing straight.
The definition of up-and-down is a person or thing that goes upward and then downward.
- going alternately up and down, to and fro, etc.
- variable; fluctuating
- Characterized by or exhibiting an alternating upward and downward movement.
- Variable; changeable.