unspeakable definition by Webster's New World
- that cannot be spoken
- marvelous, awesome, etc.; beyond human expression; ineffable
- so bad, evil, etc. as to defy description
- so foul, evil, etc. as to be unfit to be described or discussed: unspeakable depravity
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- unspeakably adverb
unspeakable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Beyond description; inexpressible: unspeakable happiness.
- Inexpressibly bad or objectionable: unspeakable poverty.
- Not to be spoken: unspeakable thoughts.
- un·speakˈa·ble·ness noun
- un·speakˈa·bly adverb